Scouting can be absolutely FREE when you fundraise!
What Is Scrip?
Scrip is a term that means “substitute money”. When you purchase scrip, you’re purchasing negotiable gift certificates and prepaid cards that are used just like cash. You can use scrip to purchase everyday expenses like food, clothing, and other essentials, and with every purchase, you earn revenue for your son’s scout account.
How scrip generates revenue for you
The Great Lakes Scrip Center acts on behalf of churches, schools and other non‑profit organizations to purchase large amounts of scrip from grocery stores, department stores, and other retailers. Because the scrip is purchased with cash up front, the participating retailers offer a substantial discount. Troop 765 buys the scrip from Great Lakes Scrip Center at a discount, and re-sells the certificates to families like yours for full face value. The discount ‑ from two to fifteen percent or more – is revenue for your son’s scout account and the troop. Each scout family purchasing scrip receives 75% of the profit into their scout account. The remaining 25% is used for administrative purposes, like paying the shipping fees from Great Lakes Scrip Co. If we gain families purchasing scrip, we will revisit increasing the percent placed in the scout accounts.
Scrip is "shopping cart fundraising”
Scrip is a popular fundraiser because families don’t have to sell anything. Troop families produce revenue by making regular household purchases they would make anyway. Groceries, clothing, toys, gifts, even gasoline can be purchased with scrip.
Start Shopping now!
Go to the link and register for a family account using our ENROLLMENT #L5LAE66D3L7L5.
You will be able to order online if you set up an account to pay out of your checking, or you can place your order online and it will instruct you to print a form out and forward with payment to me, Michele Piechowski - Your Scrip Fund Coordinator.
I am happy to coordinate this scrip program for our troop. In return, I ask parents for their assistance and understanding. I ask that you be timely with your scrip payments and drop them directly at my house or at a scout meeting IN AND ENVELOPE MARKED SCRIP. I also ask that you let me know if your scrip order needs to be here on a certain date. There may be times that the scrip could be held up. It could be due to a backlog of orders at Great Lakes Scrip or my schedule. I am a volunteer and volunteer as much time as I can give, but sometimes there are unforseen time issues that I cannot predict. This does not happen often, but on occasion it may.
Express Scrip Order Form - Hard Copy (within 15 miles of Jackson)
Extensive Scrip Order Form - Hard Copy